- If your Duo Security notification is set to go to your office phone, choose one of the other notification methods to assure appropriate authentication.
- Keep current work hours while at home. Display them on your Google Calendar.
- Use Google Calendar to set your work location.
- Use Gmail to show your status and availability.
- Respond to meeting invitations with how you will be joining— in the meeting room or virtually.
- Laptop with power cord
- Mobile phone
- USB or external hard drives, as needed
- Copy all necessary files to a cloud location (Box, Google Drive) so they can be accessed remotely
- Forward office phone to home phone or cell phone
Software- ensure you have access to:
- Reference materials or checklists
- Paper working files, as needed
- Emergency operations procedures, as needed
- Post-it notes
- Notebooks with current information
- Headphones, webcam, and microphone for video conferencing; most laptops have an internal webcam and microphone
- Surge protector with power strip
- 3 prong to 2 prong outlet adapter
- External monitor
A detailed list of available technology is found on our Working Remotely page.
For assistance with any technology product or service at Case Western Reserve University, contact the University Technology Service Desk at email@example.com, 216.368.HELP (4357) or visit help.020sashuiche.com.